Save the Date
September 7, 2017
EPNEC Seminar Room B
WUSM female faculty members highlight their work in diverse fields of science as well as share the unique challenges they have faced in their careers in academic medicine. Open to entire WU community.
1:00-1:30 pm Jacqueline Payton, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Pathology & Immunology
1:30-2:00 pm Audrey John, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases
2:00-2:30 pm Phyllis Hanson, MD, PhD, Gerty T. Cori Professor, Cell Biology and Physiology
2:30-3:00 pm Panel Discussion with Victoria Fraser, MD Chair, Department of Medicine and Jennifer Lodge, PhD, Vice Chancellor for Research
Develop your public speaking and leadership skills at Toastmasters, an international public speaking club.
WashU Med Masters meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. Meetings take place in the 2nd floor Conference Room 2057 of the Mid Campus Center (MCC, new building adjacent to MetroLink) unless otherwise noted on schedule below. For information, please contact Ariana Jasarevic at Jasarevic_a@wustl.edu.
• A communication manual with 10 self-paced speaking assignments (included)
• A leadership manual (included)
• Toastmasters magazine (included)
• Networking with other WUSTL employees
• Special training seminars at district conferences (free to members)
• Opportunity to participate in speaking competitions
• Improved public speaking, leadership, and job interview skills