On Saturday, June 3rd, Pediatric Ambulatory clinics saw 15 patients. Providers and staff did a great job. Patients were registered, roomed, treated and clinic notes were closed. The Pulmonary Function Lab and Heart Station were up and running. While we encountered a few issues, there was nothing that that could not be resolve. A few key reminders:
- Epic functionality works best when documentation is done concurrently with care given
- Remember to use the Resident/ No Resident speed buttons. While not a hard stop in Epic, it is important to indicate if residents were involved.
- To close the ambulatory encounter, you must select Level of Service, Diagnosis and sign your note.
- When scheduling ambulatory visits, it is important to include referring physician, guarantor’s date of birth, and assign insurance coverage, and verify coverage using real time eligibility.
- Working Patient and Referral WorkQueues is important for smooth patient check in
- Referral Records and Orders MUST be linked to the appointment
- Refer to your Tip Sheets on Learning Home Dashboard
- Ask your supervisor super user for assistance
Good luck and KUDOS to everyone for a successful Epic Implementation!